Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The rapid adoption of Agile methodologies and increasing popularity in the continuous delivery model has amplified the requirement for test automation as part of software application development process. This shift has changed the role of testing in software projects. Testers are now expected to morph into engineers who can code in one form or another, and those that can't have more limited career growth. Most of the time emphasis is placed on the outcome of automation, without following due process on things like test case design, framework architecture and domain modelling to ensure the outcome provides value. Without these things, testing becomes another checklist item in the project.
Edirin's talk will be about how you architect a testing framework to add value to your project, where your expertise can really shape the way a project can assure quality through Agile methods.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- API Testing and REST Assured (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 4th - 5th November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (in London on 21st October 2019)
- RedisTimeSeries = A Time Series Database using Redis (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Test Automation: how to add REAL value to a project
Edirin Atumah is an independent software developer in test, with huge interest in the social skills of testers especially communication, designing, creating and refactoring automation framework.