Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You've seen the Red-Green-Refactor demo a hundred times. But how can you take basic testing knowledge and apply it to day-to-day iOS development? This session includes a more practical look at testing, and how it can save you a great deal of pain over the long run. Learn how to test your networking stack against both local and remote data, how to quickly and easily make sure your CoreData stack can open up your database after changing your model, the basics of UI testing, and some tools to help you figure out what it is that you're testing - and what it is that you're not.
The Call for Papers is now open for iOSCon2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Practical Testing Tips
Ellen Shapiro is the former Director of iOS Engineering at an agency called Vokal in Chicago, IL. She occasionally dabbles in Android, running the Chicago AndroidListener meetup.