Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You've seen the Red-Green-Refactor demo a hundred times. But how can you take basic testing knowledge and apply it to day-to-day iOS development? This session includes a more practical look at testing, and how it can save you a great deal of pain over the long run. Learn how to test your networking stack against both local and remote data, how to quickly and easily make sure your CoreData stack can open up your database after changing your model, the basics of UI testing, and some tools to help you figure out what it is that you're testing - and what it is that you're not.
The Call for Papers is now open for iOSCon2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- CloudNative London 2019 (in London on 25th - 27th September 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Awesome CI/CD Data Pipelines for Distributed Data-Sources (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Testing embedded Python apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Practical Testing Tips
Ellen Shapiro is the former Director of iOS Engineering at an agency called Vokal in Chicago, IL. She occasionally dabbles in Android, running the Chicago AndroidListener meetup.