Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Symmetries are everywhere, but without practice we often miss many of them. This is a pity: symmetries, and their close friends called "Invariants", are very useful guidance for modeling business domains, both for design purposes and for exploring and challenging our understanding of the domain as early as possible. In this talk we'll explore symmetries in various business domains, and even between seemingly unrelated domains. You will be able to learn some hints to help spot these symmetries and invariants until it becomes second nature. And once you see them everywhere, we'll reflect on how to chose the most important ones for your models, in relation with Bounded Contexts.
The Call for Papers is now open for DDD eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Modelling For Digital Transformations (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 7th - 8th December 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Towards Autonomously aligned teams with Domain-Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Cyrille Martraire is CTO and partner at Arolla, the founder of the Paris Software Craftsmanship community and a regular speaker at international conferences.