This is a workshop to help you give a talk on a technical subject, with empasis on speaking at London Clojurian meetups and our Clojure Exchange conference in December. You dont need to be an expert to present, as hearing what you and your team have done is at least as interesting and often more interesting. You dont need to be an expert speaker, just willing to give it a try (or just curious about what's involved). We are all developers with different experiences that are valuable to share and our audiences are very friendly.
The workshop will cover
• What is involved in speaking at a meetup or conference
• Writing good titles & abstracts
• CfP process and getting a talk accepted
• Preparing a talk
• Pro's & Cons of live demos - tips & tricks
• Giving your talk - tips & tricks
• Practice a short talk (completely optional, no one has to speak at this event)
If you have had any experiences of speaking or have any specific issues you want to cover then please let us know.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- FullStack Bytes with Jolyon Russ! (in London on 25th October 2017)
- F# eXchange 2018 (in London on 5th - 6th April 2018)
Workshop: Giving your first Meetup or Clojure Exchange talk
John is a speaker, author, conference organiser & community obsessed developer. Loves Clojure, Emacs, Cats, Cycling & Agile development. He is a conference organiser for Clojure Exchange, London Java Conference, etc) with 20 years of speaking experience.