Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Everybody involved in a mid size project or bigger is concerned about architecture. We have all been told that a good architecture can help us to have a more agile, robust, and easier to work with application, but it is not always clear how nor the architecture everybody else is talking about. By establishing parallelisms with the very well known problems of the Death Stars and the Starkiller Base, Jorge will go through the most relevant problems, explain how a well though out architecture can be valuable to us, and share some code that implements it. The talk includes only minor spoilers, it will focus on more than MVC. Jorge will use Swift in all of the code examples, because, in his opinion, it is very well suited to implement those advanced architectures. He will highlight its advantages and disadvantages compared Objective-C and other languages from an architectural point of view.
Take away concepts
Architectural concepts for mobile applications
How to use some common design patterns
How to improve the testability of your code
Take advantage of Swift features
The Call for Papers is now open for iOSCon2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Fast Track to iOS Architecture (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- Mr. Wolf's Horror Stories (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop with Robert Smallshire (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Why the dark side of the force should use Swift and a SOLID architecture
Jorge is a freelancer dedicated to mobile development, security, and systems architecture. He started his work as a developer at M.I.T. in 1993 and since has collaborated in numerous software projects. Most of them were internally for HP where he worked for more than 15 years. Since 2008 he has been working in different aspects of mobile development. After playing with PalmOS, he learned Android programming for the first Google App contest and immediately started to play with the first iPhone SDK. He is an instructor in the best iOS and Android Bootcamps in the USA and Europe, and has spoken at some of the world's most renowned conferences about topics relating to mobile app architecture and best practices (and occasionally about Go and Raspberry Pis).