How do you scale to hundreds of Microservices? How do you survive the dangers of poison messages and cascading system failure? How can you keep your system healthy under continuous deployment.
The microservice architecture is a fundamentally more flexible approach to handling rapidly changing business requirements, but it is not all rainbows and unicorns. Message-oriented systems have their own weird and wonderful ways of failing.
This talk walks you through many of the failure modes you'll see in production, and provides practical advice for dealing with them. You won't be able to eradicate failure, but you can survive it!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Microservices from Day One (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Event-Driven Microservices: The Sense, Nonsense and a Way Forward (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- Technologies for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Richard Rodger is CTO of nearForm, a leading Node.js specialist. He is a technology entrepreneur who has been involved in the Irish Internet industry since its infancy and wrote the seminal book on Node: Beginning Mobile Application Development in the Cloud.