How do you scale to hundreds of Microservices? How do you survive the dangers of poison messages and cascading system failure? How can you keep your system healthy under continuous deployment.
The microservice architecture is a fundamentally more flexible approach to handling rapidly changing business requirements, but it is not all rainbows and unicorns. Message-oriented systems have their own weird and wonderful ways of failing.
This talk walks you through many of the failure modes you'll see in production, and provides practical advice for dealing with them. You won't be able to eradicate failure, but you can survive it!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Microservices from Day One (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Building and Leading Remote Teams (Online Meetup on 19th August 2020)
- Building a Cloud Native Application with Quarkus (Online Meetup on 27th August 2020)
- Building Ephemeral Environments For Developers in Kubernetes (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Keynote: It’s a Trap! Vendor Lock-in and the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Richard Rodger is CTO of nearForm, a leading Node.js specialist. He is a technology entrepreneur who has been involved in the Irish Internet industry since its infancy and wrote the seminal book on Node: Beginning Mobile Application Development in the Cloud.