Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This talk is an introduction to Apple’s new tvOS SDK. We will go over both TVML and UIKit as methods for creating apps. While going through the new APIs, we will create an app that finds local breweries and displays detailed information about what beers they offer. By the end of the talk, you should feel comfortable enough with the new SDK to go create awesome apps that people can use from their couch!
The Call for Papers is now open for iOSCon2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to iOS Architecture (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Intro to tvOS
Josh started developing iOS apps in 2008 when the first SDK was released. Today, he runs a mobile development agency called Pericles Alpha. He began his career at Raizlabs where he worked on many projects, including B&H Photo, Rue La La, and Care.com. After Raizlabs, he followed his interest in fitness related products and started working at Fitbit on their app. He then moved to NYC to try out the startup world, where he became the lead iOS developer at GoButler until forming his own company.