Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Come learn how to use Node.js on electronics with the recently released Tessel 2. You'll work in small groups to learn how to read sensor data from Tessel modules and how to integrate that data with the web. Teams will then work on their own projects. The teams that build the most interesting and useful IoT applications will get to take Tessels home as prizes (as chosen by a panel of judges).
IMPORTANT - You will need your laptop and an LTS version of Node 4.x already installed.
Be ready to work in a team as spare parts might not be enough.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Talking to Sensors: Fundamentals of DIgital Communication (SkillsCast recorded in July 2016)
- Keynote by Ruben Bridgewater on Performance Optimisations and the Possible Savings Doing So (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Tejas Kumar! (in London on 27th November 2019)
- Productivity with Micro Frontends and Cloud-native Backends (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- How to Thrive in a Male Dominated World (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Workshop: Tessel 2 (part 1)
Jon McKay is a Steering Committee member on the Tessel project, and is one of Tessel's creators. Jon comes from a Computer Engineering background. He's been working for the past two years on building Tessel's mission: to create a fully open source hardware & software platform that makes it easy and intuitive to develop Internet-connected devices for software developers.