Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Concurrency is hard. Really hard. But it's also integral to building a responsive, high-performance app. Apple provides a couple of different technologies that allow you to make your apps concurrent and in this talk we'll investigate how and when to best use each of them. We'll cover Grand Central Dispatch, including queues, groups and barriers before taking a look at the higher-level abstraction NSOperation. We'll also cover some 3rd-party approaches to concurrency such as promises.
The Call for Papers is now open for iOSCon2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Yet Another Job Queue (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Keynote by Angela Yu on Why I'm Building My Next App in Flutter (in London on 25th July 2019)
- Keynote with Britt Barak (in London on 28th November 2019)
- Everything you wanted to know about Swift but were afraid to ask (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)