Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Dan has been using Event Storming in a number of different contexts recently. He used it to model a legacy system, to design a new system, to understand several convoluted business processes, and primarily as an exercise in building shared understanding. He has also been coaching others and learning some surprising things about organisations. This session is a gentle introduction to Event Storming, some tips to help it along, and an experience report of Dan's recent adventures using it. Event Storming might just be the best thing since sliced domains.
The Call for Papers is now open for DDD eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Keynote: SWARMing: Scaling Without A Religious Methodology (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in London on 30th September - 1st October 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- What Really Matters (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Event Storming for fun and profit
Dan North uses his deep technical and organisational knowledge to help CIOs, business and software teams to deliver quickly and successfully. He puts people first and finds simple, pragmatic solutions to business and technical problems, often using lean and agile techniques. With over thirty years of experience in IT, Dan is a frequent speaker at technology and business conferences worldwide.