Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
F# is a great fit not only for general purpose programming but also for the cloud. In this fast paced session, we’ll cover how we can harness the power of both of these to develop compelling applications that are more than the sum of their parts. You’ll see techniques for building reliable, maintainable and scalable systems through simple paradigms and readily-available services, learn some of the core principles of developing on the cloud and how we can remove many cross cutting and infrastructural concerns for our applications, allowing us to focus on delivering business value. Finally, we’ll look at a real end-to-end example of developing, provisioning, and deploying a purely F# web application into the cloud, seeing how you can continue with your standard development workflow yet take advantage of Azure for hosting and managing our applications with the minimum of effort.
The Call for Papers is now open for F# eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Taming Types in the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# with Riccardo Terrell (Online Course on 1st - 4th December 2020)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Turbo Charge your F# with Azure
Isaac Abraham is an F# MVP and a .NET developer since .NET 1.0 with an interest in cloud computing and distributed data problems. He nowadays lives in both the UK and Germany and is the director of Compositional IT. He specializes in consultancy, training and development, helping customers adopt high-quality, functional-first solutions on the .NET platform.