Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Docker can dramatically speed up and improve the quality of your development workflow. Nic will show you how easy it is to use Docker to build, test and deploy a new micro service to Docker Cloud. You will go from no code to a fully working microservice running with Docker Cloud in 5 minutes. You will then learn just how easy it is to replicate this setup with your continuous integration environment for a consistent development to production experience.
You will discover how to run running through a live coding example to scaffold a service, run our build inside a Docker container, test our service using Docker Compose and Cucumber and finally deploy it. You will also take a look at each individual step in more detail in order for you to use these techniques with your own projects.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Terraform in production (with Nic Jackson from Hashicorp) (SkillsCast recorded in February 2019)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (in Online Event on 23rd July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
0 to Microservice in 5 minutes
Nic Jackson is a developer advocate and polyglot programmer at HashiCorp. He is the author of Building Microservices in Go, which examines the best patterns and practices for building microservices with the Go programming language. In his spare time, Nic coaches and mentors at Coder Dojo, teaches at Women Who Go and GoBridge, and speaks about and evangelizes good coding practice, process, and technique.