Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk Arun will share with you how Couchbase used Docker Machine to create a Swarm cluster with overlay network. Couchbase cluster was installed on this Swarm cluster using Compose scripts. The cluster was dynamically scaled based upon QoS attributes. Affinities and filters were used to ensure the deployment needs of Couchbase server are met. Multiple Couchbase clusters on Swarm clusters were then created, each with its own overlay network. Each of these Couchbase clusters were then configured for cross-data center replication. The same use case could be easily reproduced across multiple clouds because of the portability provided by Docker. The clusters were then monitored using Docker Universal Control Plane.
The entire setup really stretched Machine, Compose, Swarm and Networking to its limit. You will learn tips of how to setup complex deployments using Docker. Design patterns, anti-patterns and recipes of such deployments will be discussed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What's new in WildFly 8? Presented by Arun Gupta (SkillsCast recorded in April 2014)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 19th - 22nd September 2022)
- Intermediate Docker with Matt Saunders (Online Workshop on 3rd - 6th October 2022)
- Mainframe & Serverless Integration – How to Liberate the Data and Stay Competitive (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
- Containers Beyond the Fundamentals, What Next? (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
How to use Compose, Machine and Swarm to simplify your complex deployments
Arun Gupta is the vice president of developer advocacy at Couchbase. He has been building developer communities for 10+ years at Sun, Oracle, and Red Hat. He has deep expertise in leading cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategy, planning and execution of content, marketing campaigns, and programs. Prior to that he led engineering teams at Sun and is a founding member of the Java EE team.