Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The world of IoT has a wide range of protocols and standards for communicating with smart products and devices. This fragmentation makes it hard to interoperate with other appliances and means developers and companies have to have expertise in many different technologies.
It would be much simpler if all of these devices used Web standards. In this talk Stephen will demonstrate how you can use the Web to interact with IoT appliances using the EVRYTHNG platform, HTTP and REST.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 4th - 7th November 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- How to say no to Salesforce and build your own CRM (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Computer Graphics for Ruby developers (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Controlling the Internet of Things with the Web
Stephen is a Node Developer at EVRYTHNG where they are building a platform for the Internet of Things. He's been working with Node for three years using it as the back-end for a video webcasting tool in a previous role.