David will take you through a practical guide on how to do this with your codebase.
He will start at the beginning then get more detailed covering: formatting, commenting, zombie code, naming, refactoring tools, method lengths, commands/queries, complexity, conditional logic, composition/inheritance, duplication and responsibility.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 30,000,000+ songs! Explore your favourite music with Spotify's JSON Web API, MVC5, Dapper and OAuth2 (SkillsCast recorded in April 2015)
- Certified Large-Scale Scrum Practitioner: Principles to Practices (In Person) with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 18th August 2021)
- Large-Scale Scrum In-Person Courses Bundle with Ben Maynard (in London on 16th - 20th August 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- YOW! Perth 2021 (in Perth on 14th - 15th September 2021)
- Team Identity and its Impact on an Organisation (Online Meetup on 3rd August 2021)
- Product Management Helps Us Build the RIGHT Things (in Online Event on 15th September 2021)
- Being Agile Without Agile Coaches at OVO Energy (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
- Agility Despite Scale with Organigram Adaptif (SkillsCast recorded in July 2021)
Refactoring towards testable code and happier developers
Dave lives near Brighton and by day he works on large financial internal systems. Dave gets up at 5:30 most days to work on side projects because he loves to code :-) He then plays with his 17 month old daughter, usually listening to ABBA. Then mountain bikes to work dreaming of music and code…