David will take you through a practical guide on how to do this with your codebase.
He will start at the beginning then get more detailed covering: formatting, commenting, zombie code, naming, refactoring tools, method lengths, commands/queries, complexity, conditional logic, composition/inheritance, duplication and responsibility.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 30,000,000+ songs! Explore your favourite music with Spotify's JSON Web API, MVC5, Dapper and OAuth2 (SkillsCast recorded in April 2015)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 13th - 14th May 2021)
- Provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 17th - 21st May 2021)
- The Study of Enterprise Agility Community: Global Enterprise Agility Month (Online Conference on 6th - 29th July 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success (Online Meetup on 13th May 2021)
- Testing Stories (Online Meetup on 10th June 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Why Less? (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Refactoring towards testable code and happier developers
Dave lives near Brighton and by day he works on large financial internal systems. Dave gets up at 5:30 most days to work on side projects because he loves to code :-) He then plays with his 17 month old daughter, usually listening to ABBA. Then mountain bikes to work dreaming of music and code…