Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk you will look at the history of the concepts around microservices. You will also look at what has changed vs what has stayed the same, how have the architectural goals changed? What areas of learning are worth following and what is just a fad? What are the core concepts and what is cruft?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Event Sourcing and Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (in Online Event on 9th July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (in Online on 15th July 2020)
- Let’s Play with Cloud Code to Run Cloud Native Applications (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Safe and Reproducible Deployments with Immutable Infrastructure (SkillsCast recorded in May 2020)
The Long Sad History of MicroServices
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.