Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk you will look at the history of the concepts around microservices. You will also look at what has changed vs what has stayed the same, how have the architectural goals changed? What areas of learning are worth following and what is just a fad? What are the core concepts and what is cruft?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Event Sourcing and Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2017)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 25th - 27th November 2020)
- CloudNative eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 17th - 18th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Azure DevOps (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
The Long Sad History of MicroServices
Greg Young coined the term "CQRS" (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since.