A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Modeling entities in your domain can be challenging, especially as we are not always aware of how they change across their lifecycle. Like Sherlock Holmes, often serious exploration and experimentation using questions, conversations, and diagramming may be needed to uncover insights, except we are talking with domain experts rather than crime suspects and witnesses.
Through examples and metaphors, this talk will help you understand the importance of modeling entity lifecycle, how an entity may undergo metamorphosis, and how embracing multiple models and good context boundaries support accelerated development. Expect to gain some new thinking tools in identifying patterns and driving to deeper, more expressive models.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Fighting the Invisible Enemy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 15th - 16th October 2020)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Towards Autonomously aligned teams with Domain-Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)