This session was not filmed.
Modeling entities in your domain can be challenging, especially as we are not always aware of how they change across their lifecycle. Like Sherlock Holmes, often serious exploration and experimentation using questions, conversations, and diagramming may be needed to uncover insights, except we are talking with domain experts rather than crime suspects and witnesses.
Through examples and metaphors, this talk will help you understand the importance of modeling entity lifecycle, how an entity may undergo metamorphosis, and how embracing multiple models and good context boundaries support accelerated development. Expect to gain some new thinking tools in identifying patterns and driving to deeper, more expressive models.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Fighting the Invisible Enemy (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Alberto Brandolini's EventStorming Workshop (in London on 13th - 14th November 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Storystorming with Martin Schimak (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Domain Driven Design in Practice with Helin Ece Akgul (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)