A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
Containers are changing the way we design and develop systems. In this workshop, Ben will explore how to combine .NET applications and Docker to improve your infrastructure. The workshop will explore how they work in production and the real world.
Topics and discussion points include:
Building .NET applications with Docker
Deploying .NET applications using Docker
Load balancing and multiple hosts
Handling data in a container based solution
Running containers in production
The workshop will be hands-on where you'll learn lessons from real-world deployments of Docker and container-based systems.
Attendees should have access to a Docker installation. For the workshop, Ben recommends running Digital Ocean or via Katacoda.com. Local installations will work but Wifi might be slow when downloading Docker Images.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Top Secret Cloud-Native Security Lessons (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Better Software Faster with Dave Farley (Online Course on 8th - 9th February 2021)
- Docker Fundamentals with Matt Saunders (Online Course on 22nd - 25th February 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- Introducing AWS Immersion Days (Online Meetup on 11th February 2021)
- Lightning Talk: E Pluribus Unum – Adventures in Polycloud Delivery (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- CI/CD Agility and Controlling Pipeline Sprawl (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
Running .NET with Docker
Ben is the founder of Ocelot Uproar and the creator behind Katacoda (Katacoda.com), an interactive learning platform for software engineers. Katacoda specialises in enabling developers to understand Cloud-Native technologies including Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.