Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Microservices give you many options. You can pick different technologies, mix synchronous and asynchronous integration techniques or embrace different deployment patterns. But they also give us different options in how we think about securing our systems. Done right, and microservices can increase the security of your vital data and processes. Done wrong, and you can increase the surface area of attack. This talk will discuss the importance of defence in depth, discussing the many different ways in which you can secure your fine-grained, distributed architectures.
Join this talk is you're a developer, an architect, a technical leader, an operations engineer and if you're interested in the design and architecture of services and components.
What You Will Learn
You should come away with a working framework for thinking about AppSec, and also understand how microservices can help (or hinder) building a secure system.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: It’s a Trap! Vendor Lock-in and the Cloud (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 6th - 8th September 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Apr 2021 *Red Badger Takeover* (Online Meetup on 27th April 2021)
- Network Automation and Tooling (Online Meetup on 29th April 2021)
- Three Challenges in Microservices: Developer Feedback, Continuous Delivery, and Cost Optimization (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Real-world API Modularization with DDD and Hypermedia (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Keynote: Security and Microservices
Sam Newman, a techie interested in cloud, continuous delivery and microservices. Aside from other things he's committed sporadically to open source projects, spoke at more than a few conferences, and wrote some things including the book Building Microservices for O'Reilly.