This presentation covers the principles and considerations for GPU programming from Java and looks at the software stack and developer tools available. From laptops to the cloud GPUs are turning up everywhere. After this talk you will be ready to extract the full power of these GPUs from your own application.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Java at Scale (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Deep Learning Fundamentals with Leonardo De Marchi (Online Course on 12th - 15th July 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks May 2021 (Online Meetup on 27th May 2021)
- Monitoring Temperature (with Too Many Bluetooth Thermometers) (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Rusty Azure (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Java & the GPU - all you need to know
STEVE POOLE is a DevOps practitioner (leading a large team of engineers on cutting edge DevOps exploitation ) and a long time IBM Java developer, leader and evangelist. He’s been working on IBM Java SDKs and JVMs since Java was less than 1. He's also had time to work on other things including representing IBM on various JSRs, being a committer on various open source projects including ones at Apache, Eclipse and OpenJDK. He’s also member of the Adopt OpenJDK group championing community involvement in OpenJDK. Steve is a seasoned speaker and regular presenter at JavaOne and other conferences on technical and software engineering topics.