Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Whether it's object abstractions or whole systems, technical people often favour an internal, decomposed view, looking from the inside-out... or just looking at the inside. But when looked at from the outside a view based more on composition and questioning emerges. This is not just an observation on developing a system from the outside-in, slicing through a system to reveal architecture through usage, but also on how we can approach tools, processes, techniques and practices. They are often adopted and included with an insider's perspective, put in place without ever properly asking what we want from them.
So, what do we want? We may say we want testing, but what do we want from testing? We may say we want logging, but what do we want from logging? We may say we want clean code, but what do we want from clean code? We may say we want an agile process, but what do we want from an agile process? These are harder questions, but their answers can make for better solutions.
The Call for Papers is now open for Agile Testing & BDD 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Raw TDD (SkillsCast recorded in November 2015)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 18th - 19th February 2021)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 22nd - 24th February 2021)
- Accelerated Software eXchange Forum (Online Conference on 18th February 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- Evolutionary Architecture (SkillsCast recorded in January 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)