Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Shared understanding of desired and undesired behaviors for each new product feature is key to delivering value to the business frequently and predictably. However, many teams lack this understanding even as they start coding. As team members, we can explore feature specifications early, contributing towards successful and timely delivery.
In this talk, Janet takes example mapping techniques and shows how you can use structured conversations and the 7 Product Dimensions to enhance the experience. With a testing mindset, we can elicit examples from stakeholders, and help turn those into tests that guide development.
The Call for Papers is now open for Agile Testing & BDD 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Keynote: What’s Process Got to do with Quality? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- SC London 2019 (Software Craftsmanship London) (in London on 3rd - 4th October 2019)
- Agile Around The World (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Digital Leadership July (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Lizzy Morris (CST) Presents: Leading from the Inside is True Leadership Agility (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Example Mapping and Structured Conversations
Janet Gregory is an Agile testing coach and practitioner as well as co-author of Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams and contributor to 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know. Janet specializes in helping Agile teams add value in areas beyond critiquing the product, such as guiding development with business-facing tests. Her courses remain highly popular due to her engaging teaching style and passion for Agile development and testing processes.