A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: The Bottom of the Iceberg: Enabling Data Science Research with F# (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- F# eXchange 2022: Online (Online Conference on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- F# eXchange 2022: In-Person (in London on 25th - 26th October 2022)
- Haskell: A Conversion Experience (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Using F# to Structure an Island of Simplicity (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Building a chatbot therapist
Tomas is a computer scientist and open-source developer. He is a Visiting Researcher at the Alan Turing Institute working on tools for open data-driven storytelling. He wrote a popular book called "Real-World Functional Programming" and is a lead developer of several F# open-source libraries.
Evelina is a Senior Research Data Scientist at The Alan Turing Institute, the UK's national centre for data science and artificial intelligence. She is passionate about making data science understandable and accessible to everyone.
She originally started as a programmer but got interested in machine learning early on and did a mathematics PhD at the University of Cambridge. During her PhD, she worked on Bayesian models for unsupervised learning that integrate heterogeneous biomedical datasets. After that, she worked in cancer research at the MRC Cancer unit in Cambridge, where she focused on helping biologists analyse genomic data.