Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The new ConstraintLayout is not just a new component but a new method of building UI in Android. Coupled with the new and improved layout tools in Android Studio, the ConstraintLayout looks to provide developers with flexibility, adaptability, and efficiency, both in the layouts themselves and in the development process.
During this session you will explore these new tools for building complex and efficient layouts. Huyen will go through an example of using the new Layout Editor in conjunction with the ConstraintLayout, you will learn how to use the Layout Inspector to analyze view hierarchies, discuss when to use the ConstraintLayout, and explore good practices and current caveats.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Live Coding: Cool ConstraintLayout 2.0 (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bringing Back Dial-up: The Internet Over SMS (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)