Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this session you will explore the most common pitfalls with Bluetooth LE on Android and how to deal with them. You'll learn how to properly scan for devices, connect to them, and exchange data. An introduction to Bluetooth LE concepts, such as GATT, services, characteristics and descriptors will also be included. After this session, you'll be better prepared to implement Bluetooth LE in your own applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- My app is smarter than your app (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Android Architecture with Jorge Ortiz-Fuentes (Online Course on 13th - 15th September 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Why An API Story? (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
- Monitoring Temperature (with Too Many Bluetooth Thermometers) (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
Practical Bluetooth LE on Android
Erik is the author of "Android Programming: Pushing the limits" and a long time DroidCon speaker. He has worked on the inner details of the Android platform at Sony Mobile, hacked on the Android client for Spotify and is currently as a freelancing Android developer in Stockholm, Sweden. Erik has also been teaching software development, including Android programming, for both new and senior developers.