Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
There are several powerful mechanisms for testing applications in the servant ecosystem that are not yet widely known or documented. You will explore them, showing how you can state, sometimes as type constraints, sometimes as QuickCheck predicates, properties about entire applications, such as:
- No endpoint returns a 500 HTTP error
- No endpoint returns a 'Password' datatype.
- Application A and application B behave in the same way
- No request takes longer than 50 ms.
These techniques largely apply (though not as cleanly) to web applications written with frameworks other than servant-server - indeed, written in any language. During this talk, you may also discover how the servant ecosystem can be used to improve integration tests. Among the packages you will look at are servant-quickcheck and servant-mock. Prior experience with servant is not required.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- DDD eXchange 2017 (in London on 27th - 28th April 2017)
- Simon Brown's Software Architecture for Developers Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd May 2017)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 24th - 26th May 2017)
- Serverless Architecture with Azure Functions with Christos Matskas! (in London on 29th November 2017)