Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
But what about when the complexity of the business system isn't simple? What about systems where we need to aggregate and combine services to deliver useful business functions that cut across more than one simple service? Event-driven, push-based message passing is often a fundamentally flawed architecture for complex business problems.
In this talk you will discover a resource-oriented view of microservices. Peter will share the trade offs between push and pull architectures. You will explore what lessons the Web's resource oriented architecture offers for complex composite services. Peter will also share how the choice of data format has a profound influence on the composability of microservice solutions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- So you broke it into tiny pieces. How should you put it back together? (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 10th - 14th May 2021)
- Sociotechnical Domain-Driven Design with Kacper Gunia (Online Course on 20th - 21st May 2021)
- DDDx — Domain-Driven Design eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th June 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- LDN *Virtual* Talks Apr 2021 *Red Badger Takeover* (Online Meetup on 27th April 2021)
- Living with Your Legacy (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Three Challenges in Microservices: Developer Feedback, Continuous Delivery, and Cost Optimization (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)