Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The monolith applications world got you used to services connected to each other in direct, easy ways. The cloud environments and the modern and current microservices architectures with virtual or containerized setups where the instances can vary in number and location, create an ever-changing context where the communication between services becomes a bit more complicated.
Alex will explore some of the different patterns of Service Discovery in a microservices architecture, and focus on pros and cons, while also mentioning concrete examples of tools and software available.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 25th - 27th November 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
A Service Discovery Primer
A true lover (and geek) of all online areas and the Internet, I have many years of experience in software architecture and development of high availability, high traffic and algorithmically complex environments and applications. I live in the Internet since 1994, and have worked professionally in most online areas since 1996.