Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This stream of data allows the Jet team to effectively build metaprograms which operate on the state of the distributed system. For example: monitoring for end-to-end SLAs, checking the status of any single process, powering your Ops platform, and automated integration testing of an entire distributed system.
This talk will share with you what the Jet team has done to build this real time, holistic view of our 700+ microservice architecture, so that they can monitor every single process for completion, validate that every single process is behaving as expected, empower their operations team to investigate and triage long running processes (e.g. catalog management and clean up). The talk will cover the DrOrpheus communication protocol they use to create their distributed process context, the telemetry data collection architecture, and the XRay real time telemetry processing platform which enables them to convert billions of telemetry events per day into many different, but accurate, views of their distributed systems state.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Keynote: The Magic of Platforms (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)