Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk Michael will explain how to use test driven development for APIs and even further how TDD can drive an API Design towards a more usable design, and how to build an well-tested ecosystem of microservices. This approach is applicable for different kinds of services (REST APIs, websockets, industrial protocols). Independent from the type of interface we always ran into similar problems when we build an ecosystem of services. We have to deal with dependency, asynchronous behaviours, fallback mechanisms, endpoint versioning and sometimes even shared databases. It's not trivial to apply TDD to these kinds of problems cause you have to think of scenarios. But there are ways of identify these scenarios and to test them.
As an API specialist Michael worked with various clients designing, building, testing, maintaining and even redesigning private and public services. Based on his project experience he developed a practical approach to apply TDD to APIs in microservice ecosystems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How to build an API your developers will love? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2015)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- Provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- Domain Modelling in a Remote World (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Why Less? (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
TDD for APIs in a Microservice World
Michael worked as an independent API specialist for many years. He advised his clients in terms of API design, authorization standards, development processes and the implementation itself.