Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Autonomy and isolation are some of the core values of microservices, allowing for independent changes and independent deployments. As loosely coupled services interact on interfaces managed under different lifecycles and even different teams, making sure that a simple change did not break the application can turn into an integration nightmare.
Consumer-Driven Contracts testing brings an alternative integration testing approach for distributed systems, relying less on live-like integration environments and more on making interactions explicit and quickly verifiable.
This talk will cover how Newsweaver has made CDCs part of its pipeline with Pact and how it improved collaboration and confidence between teams when designing APIs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 25th - 27th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
Consumer-Driven Contracts: avoid microservices integration hell!
I am a Technical Lead Engineer at Newsweaver. I am passionate about enabling engineers to build great software with speed. I am helping teams to adopt DevOps practices, breaking silos, setting up deployment pipelines and continuously improving their processes.