Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You will explore use cases and an example of a distributed queue based architecture for micro services.
Andrew and John will be demonstrating two different 'frameworks' for microservices in a Big Data architecture (with examples):
Kafka Consumers as microservices - image processing
Spark Jobs as microservices - clustering algorithms + data visualisation
Andrew and John will also share their experiences of using microservices at Tractable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala Days 2023 (Online Conference on 1st - 30th December 2023)
- Source Talks: On Scala #4 (Online Meetup on 30th January 2023)
- How to teach IntelliJ IDEA to your juniors (Online Meetup on 2nd February 2023)
- Carving Microservices Out of the Monolith With Domain Storytelling (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
- Rethink Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in November 2022)
Microservices for Data Science and Deep Learning
John is studying for a PhD at the University of Cambridge and the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen in Machine Learning. Prior to that he worked as an engineer at Tractable implementing scalable Machine Learning algorithms.
Andrew is a software engineer specialising in realtime data systems. Andrew has worked at YC Startups and at Apple on applications ranging from Ticketing to Genetics. Currently building data systems for training and exploiting Deep Neural Networks for Computer Vision.