Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You will explore use cases and an example of a distributed queue based architecture for micro services.
Andrew and John will be demonstrating two different 'frameworks' for microservices in a Big Data architecture (with examples):
Kafka Consumers as microservices - image processing
Spark Jobs as microservices - clustering algorithms + data visualisation
Andrew and John will also share their experiences of using microservices at Tractable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 8th - 12th March 2021)
- Microservices Architecture with Jorge Ortiz‑Fuentes (Online Course on 19th - 21st April 2021)
- μCon: The Microservices eXchange (Online Conference on 13th - 14th April 2021)
- Domain Modelling in a Remote World (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Rust from a Frontend Perspective (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Microservices for Data Science and Deep Learning
John is studying for a PhD at the University of Cambridge and the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen in Machine Learning. Prior to that he worked as an engineer at Tractable implementing scalable Machine Learning algorithms.
Andrew is a software engineer specialising in realtime data systems. Andrew has worked at YC Startups and at Apple on applications ranging from Ticketing to Genetics. Currently building data systems for training and exploiting Deep Neural Networks for Computer Vision.