Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You will explore use cases and an example of a distributed queue based architecture for micro services.
Andrew and John will be demonstrating two different 'frameworks' for microservices in a Big Data architecture (with examples):
Kafka Consumers as microservices - image processing
Spark Jobs as microservices - clustering algorithms + data visualisation
Andrew and John will also share their experiences of using microservices at Tractable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Design Patterns in Action — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Getting API Design Right: Learning from Anti-Patterns — Full‑Day Workshop [SAG Digital 2021] (Online Course on 11th October 2021)
- Software Architecture Gathering Digital 2021 (Online Conference on 13th - 14th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Domain-Driven Design Hands-On Workshop: A DDD-traineeship at "Carries Cars" (Online Meetup on 26th October 2021)
- Accessibility Testing: Why and How to involve People with Disabilities (Online Meetup on 28th October 2021)
- Who Tests Their Cloud Code Anyway? (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Keynote: The Magic of Platforms (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
Microservices for Data Science and Deep Learning
John is studying for a PhD at the University of Cambridge and the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen in Machine Learning. Prior to that he worked as an engineer at Tractable implementing scalable Machine Learning algorithms.
Andrew is a software engineer specialising in realtime data systems. Andrew has worked at YC Startups and at Apple on applications ranging from Ticketing to Genetics. Currently building data systems for training and exploiting Deep Neural Networks for Computer Vision.