Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You will explore use cases and an example of a distributed queue based architecture for micro services.
Andrew and John will be demonstrating two different 'frameworks' for microservices in a Big Data architecture (with examples):
Kafka Consumers as microservices - image processing
Spark Jobs as microservices - clustering algorithms + data visualisation
Andrew and John will also share their experiences of using microservices at Tractable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Workshop on 17th - 21st October 2022)
- Improving Software Quality through Data with Markus Harrer (Online Workshop on 14th - 15th November 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- Open Source MLOps - Model Deployment (Online Meetup on 29th September 2022)
- Team Topology - Enablement mode (Online Meetup on 6th October 2022)
- Building a Culture to Take Control of Your Software (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
Microservices for Data Science and Deep Learning
John is studying for a PhD at the University of Cambridge and the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen in Machine Learning. Prior to that he worked as an engineer at Tractable implementing scalable Machine Learning algorithms.
Andrew is a software engineer specialising in realtime data systems. Andrew has worked at YC Startups and at Apple on applications ranging from Ticketing to Genetics. Currently building data systems for training and exploiting Deep Neural Networks for Computer Vision.