A SkillsCast for this session is not available.
We live in a world where our tools, frameworks and libraries are often built for us. Especially in .NET, we rely on ASP.NET MVC, DI Containers, Unit testing tools and IDEs and all of these things sell themselves on hiding complexity and being "hard problems". In this session, David will explain how all these big tools and frameworks aren't really that different, and are built using the same language and practices that you using in your user-land code every day. We'll break down how all that stuff works - MVC, Test frameworks and containers - illustrating how it's all just meta-programming with reflection, and hopefully leave you with practical tips for implementing strong conventions, discovery, and implementing composition in your own code bases.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- London Dot Net and FullStack Bytes Festive Edition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Domain Models in Practice with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 30th November - 4th December 2020)
- Crafting Code with Sandro Mancuso (Online Course on 14th - 15th January 2021)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non-DDD People (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
- Machine Learning Made Easy with ML.NET and F# (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
David Whitney - Metaprogramming
David is the founder of Electric Head Software, working as an independent software consultant based in London focusing on iterative software delivery, developer mentoring and cultural change - mostly working with London-based organisations and start-ups. David has previously served as the chief coding technical architect for JustGiving, and helped market-leading organisations including JUST-EAT and Vodafone improve their technical capabilities.