Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As development organizations rush towards microservices and CI/CD, they're finding that their present understanding of their architectures fail to enable agility. A visible architecture is a physical model of a system created by architecture teams using Duplo® bricks, with strings representing data flows. Visible architectures enable teams to collaboratively understand the “as-is” architecture and make better choices on the “to-be” architecture.
The structured, yet creative freedom afforded by the technique enables teams to explore challenging concepts. For example, in one project, teams from Cisco represented known problems as “monsters” and outdated technologies as “dinosaurs” using plastic toys. In another project, teams from Rackspace used Visible Architectures as means to rapidly integrate acquired technologies.
In this talk Luke will present an overview of the process, how to document desired changes in a structured manner, and how to augment Visible Architectures with powerful business frameworks that enable architects to "speak the business language" necessary to convert models into realities.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Enterprise Retrospectives: From Team to Whole (SkillsCast recorded in April 2014)
- Domain Models in Practice: DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing with Marco Heimeshoff (Online Course on 2nd - 6th November 2020)
- FullStack Event Sourcing and Applied DDD with Roman Sachse (Online Course on 25th - 27th November 2020)
- London Calling (Online Meetup on 24th September 2020)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Tools For Non‑DDD People (Online Meetup on 29th October 2020)
- Debugging Containers on Kubernetes with "kubectl debug" (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
- Applied Domain-Driven Design — Full-Stack Event Sourcing (SkillsCast recorded in July 2020)
How to Turn $2000 in Duplo® into $20M in Value Through Visible Architecture
Luke Hohmann is the Founder and CEO of Conteneo, Inc. Grounded in the science of play, Conteneo’s enterprise software platforms and professional services merge serious games, data analytics, domain expertise and collaboration to help enterprises optimize decision making in areas of strategy, innovation, sales, product development and market research. Luke is co-founder of Every Voice Engaged Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that helps citizens and governments tackle technical and wicked social problems. He’s also written four with long titles and has served on the Board of the Agile Alliance. He's a pretty good grill master and doesn't mind getting lost in foreign cities on long runs.