Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Are you familiar with the following recipe?
First define an API and its documentation.
Then take the API and create its server implementation.
Then imperatively modify the browser’s DOM in order to allow user to do and see stuff.
Sounds about right?
During this talk you will forget about all these things and become a full-stack functional web developer. I will show you how type-level web server APIs can play nicely with the client code written in Elm.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Freestyle, Free & Tagless: Separation of Concerns on Steroids (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Bruce Lawson on How To Make Loveliness: an HTML Treasure Hunt (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Purely Functional Web Apps with Servant and Elm
Polyglot software engineer specialised in developing distributed applications. Functional programming enthusiast. Loves the human component in software projects. Drinks a lot of tea. Has a blog at michalplachta.com. He currently works as team leader at Ocado Technology, where he is building actor-based software for automated warehouses.