Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Are you familiar with the following recipe?
First define an API and its documentation.
Then take the API and create its server implementation.
Then imperatively modify the browser’s DOM in order to allow user to do and see stuff.
Sounds about right?
During this talk you will forget about all these things and become a full-stack functional web developer. I will show you how type-level web server APIs can play nicely with the client code written in Elm.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Freestyle, Free & Tagless: Separation of Concerns on Steroids (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Course on 19th - 23rd July 2021)
- BBC Platform: Our journey from messy code duplication to a collaborative component library (Online Meetup on 3rd June 2021)
- Testing Stories (Online Meetup on 10th June 2021)
- Dev Faster with Contract Driven API Development (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- F# for a Real World E-commerce Project (SkillsCast recorded in October 2020)
Purely Functional Web Apps with Servant and Elm
Polyglot software engineer specialised in developing distributed applications. Functional programming enthusiast. Loves the human component in software projects. Drinks a lot of tea. Has a blog at michalplachta.com. He currently works as team leader at Ocado Technology, where he is building actor-based software for automated warehouses.