Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
JSON is a very common serialisation format used to transfer or store data. Most JSON libraries offer an API to manipulate JSON documents but it often involves mutation and/or lack type safety. Argonaut and Circe - two major JSON scala libraries - recently got a new DSL which focus on clarity and concision as well as type safety and immutability.
In this talk, you will discover the usage of optics (Lens, Prism, Traversal) to create JsonPath and the techniques to generate an elegant type safe DSL in Scala. You will also explore a variety of use cases which will help you to use this feature in your codebase.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Types vs Tests (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- F# eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 21st October 2020)
- Haskell eXchange 2020 (Online Conference on 3rd - 4th November 2020)
- Intro to OCaml (SkillsCast recorded in June 2020)
- Dependency injection from zero to hero with Koin (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
JsonPath: Type safe query DSL using optics - Advanced
Julien is the author of Monocle, a lens/optics library in scala and a contributor to various functional libraries such as scalaz, cats or argonaut.