Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
From scratch, you will learn to construct the Scala type classes to represent these structures. Starting with basic constructs such as Semigroups and Monoids, you will continue exploring structures such as Functors, Applicative Functors, Monads and finally, Monad Transformers. Alongside, from the practical point of view, you will discover the essence of these structures in encoding purely functional programs that are robust, comprehensible and correct-by-construction.
No prior knowledge of functional programming is assumed in this talk.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- LJC: I Started Testing In Production... Then I Went On Holiday (Online Meetup on 15th August 2022)
- Real-time Stream Processing in Spring Made Easy (in London on 25th August 2022)
- Not My Type (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- Formal Verification of Subsets of the Rust Language (SkillsCast recorded in June 2021)
The Essence of Functional Structures - Advanced
Adil is a Lead Engineer at ING in Amsterdam. He is a functional programmer and is primarily hacking with Scala, Haskell and F#. He has been building distributed and data-driven software systems with Scala since 2010 for companies such as TomTom, SDL, Wehkamp, etc. In spare time, he spends time on Cats, FS2 and Idris. Also, he organizes different programming meetups and gives talks time-to-time.