Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Noel will share more on Doodle, a Scala library for data visualisation that renders in the browser, to files, and on the desktop.
Doodle is a new 2D visualisation library for Scala. It can render graphs on the desktop, to files (PDF and PNG), and, using Scala.js, to the browser as SVG. In this talk I will briefly describe how to use Doodle for common tasks, and then delve into its architecture. I'll show how standard functional programming techniques allows Doodle to provide powerful functionals at multiple levels of abstraction, yielding a library that is both easy to use and extremely flexible.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Countdown to Big Data LDN (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Security in the Age of Big Data (Data Anonymisation & Encryption) (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Doodle: Visualisation in Scala - Beginner
Noel is a founder of ScalaBridge London, and a Scala consultant at Inner Product and Underscore. In his day job he helps companies large and small achieve more with Scala. Outside of work he’s interested in generative art and machine learning.