Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Virtual and Augmented reality are at once both sparkly brand new, and descendants of humanity's most ancient arts. Google's Chief Game Designer will bring some perspective to the origins of these technologies, why they matter to us in terms of evolution and storytelling, and give an overview of how Google is now supporting them with tech like Android N, Tango, Daydream, and Spotlight Stories.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Keynote: VR and AR - Technologies 40,000 years in the making
Noah Falstein has been a professional game developer since 1980 (Sinistar, Secret of Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, ReMission, Neuroracer), and was one of the first ten employees at LucasArts Entertainment, The 3DO Company, and Dreamworks Interactive. He ran The Inspiracy for 17 years, a game consultancy focusing on entertainment and serious games. Falstein was the first elected Chairman of the IGDA and design columnist for Game Developer magazine for 6 years. At Google, he contributes to game projects across the company including Daydream VR and Tango (AR), and engages with game developers worldwide as part of the Developer Advocacy team.