Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Remember that simple yet addictive game from 2014 where a pixelated bird had to avoid crashing into a plagiarised image of a pipe? In this talk, you will learn how to model it as a pure function, and hopefully not get addicted to it all over again!
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Functional Concurrency in .NET with C# and F# (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Haskell eXchange 2019 (in London on 10th - 11th October 2019)
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
flatMappy Bird: functional flappy bird
Martin is a Senior Software Engineer at ITV, building (primarily Scala based) services to help their content get where it needs to be at the right time.