Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
You will be introduced to ScalaCheck, and learn how to write some simple property-based tests and how to interact with ScalaCheck on the REPL. But we will also go much further to help build a way of thinking about properties, rather than individual test cases. You will explore a problem with some simple requirements and build a nice suite of tests to help you understand the best parts of the library.
The goal will be to get better test coverage than the unit testing libraries with fewer lines of test code written!
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What I Wish I'd Known When Learning Scala (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 13th May 2021)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 10th - 12th May 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021 (Online Conference on 18th - 22nd May 2021)
- An Introduction to Cats Effect with Adam Rosien (SkillsCast recorded in April 2021)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Introduction to ScalaCheck - Beginner
Noel started out as a Java developer in finance before moving to functional programming in startups for both games and social media. More recently, he has worked in broadcast media.