Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
"When stranded in a hostile situation, it's important to prioritise your needs. Do you seek out shelter, sustenance, or fire first? This is the challenge a developer can find themselves facing in a new company - when the glow of the successful interview process fades and is replaced with harsh reality, how do you endure? In this talk we'll see what's really important for survival, what a developer's hierarchy of needs looks like, and how they can go about making a development organisation a hospitable place to live."
The Call for Papers is now open for Agile Testing & BDD 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Doodle Driven Development (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 24th - 25th February 2021)
- Agile at Scale with Joakim Sundén (Online Course on 1st - 4th March 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 15th - 16th September 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (Online Meetup on 11th March 2021)
- Agile During the Time of Jesus (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
- The Death of Silos (SkillsCast recorded in December 2020)
A developer's survival handbook
Ciaran helps teams at all levels of ability improve via training and coaching. He has been a PHP professional since the late 90s and is passionate about TDD, BDD and Agile methodologies. He is lead maintainer of PhpSpec, a unit level BDD tool.