Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
These are all popular topics of discussion for teams who have recently adopted BDD with many “manual” testers being removed from teams, but this can be a mistake. BDD is great at discovering requirements, your “known unknowns” and “unknown unknowns”, before development starts but complete information discovery cannot occur for all but the most trivial projects. This is where Exploratory Testing by skilled testers comes in, it continues the discovery process after development starts and structured correctly it can find issues not found by automation alone.
• How automation can give a false sense of security to teams
• What is Exploratory Testing and when to use it
• How Exploratory Testing continues BDD’s discovery process
• Incorporate Exploratory Testing into your development process using Session-Based Test Management
The Call for Papers is now open for Agile Testing & BDD 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Buried treasure, what’s hiding in your Scenarios? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2014)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 15th - 19th August 2022)
- ICAgile Certified Agile Team Facilitator with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 12th - 15th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- The Role of the LeSS Practitioner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2022)
- Panel: What to Expect When you Might (or not) be Expecting (SkillsCast recorded in March 2022)
Don't fire the testers
Alan is CEO and Co-founder of Hindsight Software, a start-up focused on supporting BDD in
the Enterprise. Over the last 14 years Alan's passion has switched from just writing code to
how we deliver high quality software systems as a team. He is a passionate believer in finding
talented engineers and works with a “Do Tank” the New Engineering Foundation to influence
the UK government and educational bodies on STEMs