Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This greatly reduces the barrier to entry of automating common tasks via Scala, and allows Scala to be used for common housekeeping work at the command-line, much like Python or Ruby is used today. You will discover this Scala Scripting file format, explain how it works, and what place it could find in the Scala ecosystem today.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Ammonite: rock-solid shell scripting in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Scala Scripting - Intermediate
Haoyi is a Software Engineer at Databricks. At work, he builds on tools and infrastructure to make developers faster and more productive, and as a hobby, he maintains a wide range of open-source Scala projects, including the Ammonite REPL, Mill build tool, and others.