Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
This greatly reduces the barrier to entry of automating common tasks via Scala, and allows Scala to be used for common housekeeping work at the command-line, much like Python or Ruby is used today. You will discover this Scala Scripting file format, explain how it works, and what place it could find in the Scala ecosystem today.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Ammonite: rock-solid shell scripting in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- ScalaCon 2022: Opening Keynote Networking Party (in London on 4th October 2022)
- ScalaCon 2022 (Online Conference on 4th - 8th October 2022)
- TDD and other drugs (Online Meetup on 8th August 2022)
- LJC: I Started Testing In Production... Then I Went On Holiday (Online Meetup on 15th August 2022)
- Scaling up the IDE to 20M imports (SkillsCast recorded in November 2021)
- A History of Enterprise Monads (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Scala Scripting - Intermediate
Haoyi is a Software Engineer at Databricks. At work, he builds on tools and infrastructure to make developers faster and more productive, and as a hobby, he maintains a wide range of open-source Scala projects, including the Ammonite REPL, Mill build tool, and others.