Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
ING is a Data Driven Experimental Enterprise, which is heavily investing in big data, analytics and streaming processing. As in many other enterprises, we deal with a large variety of data sources. Some are responsible for primary processes, while others are used to improve the quality of the service and to keep internal operations going on smoothly. The amount of data which must be handled goes beyond the computing performance of single machines, and vertical scalability is hardly an option.
In this talk, Bas will share an overview of the architecture and projects at ING that have Spark at its core: 'Look Ahead' in the mobile app, the 'Actionable Insights' API and others. He will begin with traditional batch processes, touching upon the latest development about big data, data lakes and hadoop, to move further into the world of in-memory analytics. You will be able to discover what's involved in such a programme. You will also explore lessons learned, best practices and code!
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Lightning Talks 2 (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Leonardo De Marchi's Deep Learning Fundamentals (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Countdown to Big Data LDN (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Reinforcement Learning Journal Club (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)