Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will explore the experience from coaching imperative developers into FP and Scala, to learn how to introduce functional concepts in a logical order without confusing or losing the learners.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Almost Type-Safe Error Handling (SkillsCast recorded in December 2017)
- Akka Streams for Scala | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 27th October 2021)
- Essential Effects | ScalaCon Workshop (Online Course on 25th - 28th October 2021)
- ScalaCon 2021: November Edition (Online Conference on 2nd - 5th November 2021)
- Journey to the Centre of the JVM (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
- Connecting the dots - building and structuring a functional application in Scala (SkillsCast recorded in May 2021)
Teaching Scala without side effects
Ben Parker is a scala developer with ITV, working in a microservice architecture on a team dedicated to personal user data and ITVs premium offering. Fanatical about friendly clean code and high-functioning teams.