Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As an overwhelmed cross-functional team member
I need 6589 disembodied user stories sitting in a backlog in Jira
Like I need a hole in the head.
Are user stories actually helpful?
Or are they doing us harm?
Have we wandered away from their intended use?
User stories are dangerous
In this talk you'll explore the different ways that user stories can kill your project and how to stay on the safe path to value using the OOPSI model. OOPSI is an outside-in process. You start with the outcomes (the value), and expertly navigate the quickest path to achieving those outcomes. You might even be able to do this without writing a single user story. (But shhhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone I said that!)
The Call for Papers is now open for Agile Testing & BDD 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Provisional Certified LeSS Practitioner with Ben Maynard (Online Course on 17th - 21st May 2021)
- Certified Scrum Master with Abid Quereshi (Online Course on 1st - 2nd June 2021)
- P3X — People Product Process eXchange 2021 (Online Conference on 8th - 9th September 2021)
- Practical Tips and Tricks for CI/CD Success (Online Meetup on 13th May 2021)
- Personal Engineering: Living Well at Work (SkillsCast recorded in March 2021)
- Why Less? (SkillsCast recorded in February 2021)
Death by User Stories
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.