Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
As an overwhelmed cross-functional team member
I need 6589 disembodied user stories sitting in a backlog in Jira
Like I need a hole in the head.
Are user stories actually helpful?
Or are they doing us harm?
Have we wandered away from their intended use?
User stories are dangerous
In this talk you'll explore the different ways that user stories can kill your project and how to stay on the safe path to value using the OOPSI model. OOPSI is an outside-in process. You start with the outcomes (the value), and expertly navigate the quickest path to achieving those outcomes. You might even be able to do this without writing a single user story. (But shhhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone I said that!)
The Call for Papers is now open for Agile Testing & BDD 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Words Matter. Build Team Relationships and Push Through Conflicts by Practicing Nonviolent Communication (SkillsCast recorded in September 2021)
- Certified Agile Team Coaching with Ben Maynard & Jon Spruce (Online Workshop on 15th - 19th August 2022)
- Certified Tester AI Testing (Online Workshop on 5th - 7th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: Online (Online Conference on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- YOW! Perth Developer Conference 2022: In-Person (in Perth on 19th - 20th September 2022)
- How is "Works on My Machine" Still a Thing in 2022? (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
- How is "works on my machine" still a thing in 2022? (SkillsCast recorded in July 2022)
Death by User Stories
Jenny is an independent trainer, facilitator and coach in collaborative software development techniques and team development, specialising in leadership, accelerated Agile delivery and public speaking.