Last time we wrapped up with an app that uses server-side rendering of data from a SQL database (using the Python Flask framework).
This time we will add a REST API which delivers that data directly to the frontend, and use this to modernize our app with client-side rendering.
For people that missed the first presentation on the 27th Sep (we were fully booked and in fact are allocated an even bigger space this time), we will go through the key points of that one again.
All the coding will be published live to GitHub, so you can follow on your own laptop if you wish, or revisit afterwards.
Doors open at 19:15, to start at 19:30 and end at 21:00.
We will have a 15 min break in the middle of the session to grab a drink at Code Node's fully licenced SpaceBar and socialize/network.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Key Concepts in Statistical Inference (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- React & Redux: Web Application Workshop with Damjan Vujnovic (Online Workshop on 14th - 18th March 2022)
- FullStack eXchange (in London on 1st - 30th September 2022)
- Vue.js and TypeScript: Working Together like Peanut Butter and Jelly (Online Meetup on 3rd February 2022)
- Fable Python |> F# ♥️ Python (SkillsCast recorded in October 2021)
Full Stack Quants
Robert Hardy is a full stack quant, with over 12 years of experience in the front office teams of major financial institutions. He has built professional portfolio management systems entirely from open source components. He experienced an epiphany when he was introduced to TDD, pair programming and Agile methods. Robert talks and blogs on topics related to software and mathematics, and with his diploma in painting and ceramics in hand he claims to even have some level of expertise in the Fine Arts.