Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Scalafix is a new code rewriting tool to help you prepare for Dotty, a next generation Scala compiler. During this talk, you will discover how scalafix takes care of easy, repetitive and tedious code transformations so you can faster enjoy the benefits that Dotty brings. More broadly, you will also learn how scalafix can perhaps show the way to improved code health, more effective code reviews and effortless migrations in the wider Scala ecosystem.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- GHC Runtime Linker by Example (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Smooth migrations to Dotty with scalafix - Intermediate
Ólafur is a recent graduate from the Scala lab at EPFL. He likes to code in Scala, but sometimes feels lost in the zoo of different design patterns and coding styles. Ólafur is the author scalafmt, a code formatter. He works at the Scala Center and blogs at geirsson.com.